Friday, March 21, 2014

FUNimation pulls several seasons digitally



It is unknown as to why this has happened, however, it would appear that FUNimation has pulled several seasons/episodes from across many different digital storefronts. Thanks to a TIP off from Gammalad on Youtube, it came to my attention and I have done research, and have come to the following:


On Google Play and Itunes, the entire series has been pulled. Searching CASE CLOSED on either store turns up nothing:

On Amazon Video, every season but Season 5 is available:


On Xbox Live and Playstation Network, all 5 seasons are still available:



I am not sure what this means. Could FUNimation be losing the license to Case Closed? Or is it some system error? I have contacted both Alison Viktorin (Conan's VA) and FUNImation for an answer and hopefully I will have one soon. 

3 comments:

  1. I wan't even aware that it was available on Google Play. I should have picked it up while it was still there. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of only 3 scenarios.
    1) It is just a simple system error on Amazon and Google's part
    2)FUNimation may be continuing and releasing the rest of season 5 soon?
    3)FUNimation has truly lost the licensing to Case Closed.

    I don't know what happens if FUNimation loses the license to the show, but I hope that scenario #2 is the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope they lose the licensing because they are not even doing anything to promote the series or even trying to get the other episode release. It just a waste to have a license to a anime series that is still going strong and not even put effort to promote it and try to make it a success.

    I rather have another company take it and try to make it a big success that it could be here if the effort was put into it.

    ReplyDelete